Print Bookmark

 Stone Quarry Cemetery, Ebenezer, Queensland, Australia


Latitude: -27.65012458514702, Longitude: 152.6590766876419
Stone Quarry Cemetery

The Stone Quarry Cemetery was once known as Jeebropilly Cemetery, and before that as Seven Mile Creek Cemetery. It was set apart for a permanent reserve for a Cemetery in June 1875 by the Department of Lands, after a petition signed by 28 residents of Seven Mile Creek was presented to the Colonial Secretary.

In this Cemetery rest many of the pioneers of the Rosewood, Ebenezer, Jeebropilly and Amberley districts. They came in the middle of the 19th Century largely from the United Kingdom and Germany, and established their homes near the Seven Mile where bullock wagons, drays and carts crossed the Bremer River on their way to the Darling Downs


 Thumb Description Status Location Name (Died/Buried)
WASS Evelyn Maud (nee WELLS) and Ronald Charles WASS
WASS Evelyn Maud (nee WELLS) and Ronald Charles WASS
Located    Evelyn Maud WELLS (d. 30 Dec 1973)
WELLS James and Amy Theresa (nee GRAY)
WELLS James and Amy Theresa (nee GRAY)
Located    Amy Theresa GRAY (d. 24 Jul 1933)
James Arthur WELLS (d. 08 Oct 1949)

This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, v. 12.0.2, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2020.

Maintained by Anne McLean.